Dedicated to Scarlett Johansson
Dedicated to Scarlett Johansson - Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Island
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Dedicated to Scarlett Johansson Forum Index -> Movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
qwerty

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:07 am    Post subject:

From www.scifi.com/s

Quote:

Johansson Takes To The Island

Scarlett Johansson told SCI FI Wire that she has a tough time trying to describe The Island, an SF film that's in production now with Michael Bay (Armageddon) directing."It's a science fiction film, I guess, and it's also very romantic," she said in an interview. "And it's also an action film."

Johansson (Eight Legged Freaks) added, "Ewan McGregor and I play commissioned clones living in a 'Ray Bradbury' sterile environment, and we are completely unaware of what our purpose is. We escape, and we're chased through downtown L.A. It's a huge story. There are so many different places that we go [storywise], and it's kind of crazy, because we're essentially playing these children, really. We're very wide-eyed, and it's like playing a 4-year-old child in some ways."

Johansson describe The Island as a project of tremendous scope. "It is a big, big production that both DreamWorks and Warner Brothers have joined together to do," she said. "Going into it and knowing it was a Michael Bay film, that adds a whole other level of hugeness to it. ... It is a huge production. I'm terrible at telling anybody what the film is about, because it's a lot to take in, to just summarize. If I tell you the whole thing, what it's really about, it'll take me like 45 minutes. But I've never done anything like it before."

Johansson added, "With a film like this, you go into it and oftentimes you have so many questions. 'I don't understand why this is. ... How do they figure out how to clone this adult? How do we get out?' There are a lot of 'What ifs?' ... But this script happened to be so incredibly solid. And I'm working with Ewan, who is just absolutely delicious and a wonderful, wonderful co-star. Working with Michael, I've never met a more focused director in my entire life. The man walks around with a lens in his pocket all the time. You'll be talking to him, and all of a sudden he'll be looking at you through a lens. You're like, 'What?' And he'll say, 'Move the camera here.' He's always thinking and in filmmaking mode." The Island, which also stars Michael Clarke Duncan, Sean Bean and Steve Buscemi, will be released on July 22, 2005.

Maybe she is on crack (to quote Avoid ) anyway she is a brillant movie-promoter Wink
double_helix

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:47 pm    Post subject:

scifi.com wrote:
Johansson (Eight Legged Freaks) added...

why on earth would they put eight legged freaks to her name with her much more recent. more successful films?

oh right, because it's a science fiction site, and E.L.F. (haha elf!) was the closest she's been to doing a science fiction before.
Send e-mail MSN Messenger
takamine

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 1:52 am    Post subject:

a new still from the movie.....

scarlett looks freightened
Yahoo Messenger
Denchu Kozo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:05 am    Post subject:

Confused

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 5:52 pm    Post subject:

this will be the worst movie ever. i can't wait!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 8:29 pm    Post subject:

http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hp&cf=prev&id=1808607939

Armageddon is upon us on July 22, 2005.
RedScarlett

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:19 am    Post subject:

Does look bad,but Scarlett sure looks preety with long hair
Lochlain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:03 pm    Post subject:

Aeroplane wrote:
this will be the worst movie ever. i can't wait!

Impossible.
Bay can't make BBII twice.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:06 pm    Post subject:

I figure it can go either way if it really is as bad as you lot say it will be.

Bad way she will lose credability but will be shot up the rung in terms of cheesy action movies ><

Good way it will push her of the radar enough to allow more artistic films.
       Dedicated to Scarlett Johansson Forum Index -> Movies All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: